Crescent Springs Baptist Church was started in 1913, by a group of believers under a group of trees in what is now our church parking lot. Mr. Marks, a stone mason and Pastor Marksberry, a carpenter, and also the church’s first Pastor, together with several other individuals built our church on land donated by Phoebe Anderson. W. A. Lily was the first to be baptized in the baptistery, even before the roof was on the church. It was a happy day when the first service was held in the new building with its rough wood floors and the two foot by ten foot benches with no backs, and a dry goods box served as the pulpit. Several years later the Church added a bell tower and over the years there have been many additions and revisions. The present sanctuary was built in 1967 and dedicated to our Lord and Saviour in October of that year. Our comfortable building with upholstered pews is in sharp contrast to the wood benches with no backs.
There has been a lot of change in the Crescent Springs area since the humble beginnings of our church. The roads have gone from mud, to railroad ties, to the multi-lane thoroughfare we have now. The population has exploded and brought with it many new businesses, and it continues to grow. This church has been a vital part of this community for some time and as God allows we will continue to be a vital part by Unapologetically Preaching God’s Word –Unashamedly Worshipping God – by having an Unstoppable Witness, while loving and praying for the people of this community and beyond.